I have had several clients pick Columbus Plaza over the years and two just last week, so I thought it’s worth commenting.
Columbus Plaza at 233 E. Wacker is probably the best deal for a rental building in the New Eastside neighborhood if not all of downtown Chicago for several reasons.
- The prices are very good compared to anything else in the area.
- The location is almost unbeatable. You’re very close to the Lake, right on the river, one block from Millennium Park, and compared to other buildings further east in New Eastside, Columbus Plaza is right in the heart of all the transportation links with many bus lines on Michigan Ave. and rail at the Millennium Park station.
- Being right on river, the views are incredible.
- The units are big compared to the new buildings.
- There are many amenities and shops right in the building and very close along the pedway which goes in three directions from Columbus Plaza.
Obviously there are reasons it’s less expensive than say Aqua right across the street, namely that it’s a bit older building compared to all the new construction from the last 10 years (Columbus Plaza opened a little more than 30 years ago – http://www.emporis.com/building/columbusplaza-chicago-il-usa), but the price and the plusses listed above are compelling.
Read the reviews on Yelp and elsewhere (they are mixed), and keep in mind to get similar sq. footage anywhere around this location you’d be spending 25-50% more. If you are interested in renting here, I’d be happy to show you Columbus Plaza and other buildings in the area to compare.
If you’re looking for a good deal downtown or just being frugal with how you want to spend your cash, Columbus Plaza deserves a look. If you are looking to rent downtown, please give me a call and let me be your guide. I am very familiar with the options downtown and surrounding neighborhoods and am eager to help find you your ideal rental!